Monday, June 13, 2011

Cinematic Dilemma

So, I've been holding off on seeing Iron Man 2 since it came out because the Mrs. said she wanted to see it too. Yet, at every chance to check it out, I've veered from it because I keep hearing it's not good, or at least not as good as the first one, which she loved. On the other hand, it's seems like the perfect movie to watch when I'm up late by myself (I reserve all overrated movies for late nights alone, so as to appreciate them at a much lower expectancy rate...the last one was From Paris with Love, which was an excellent movie for 3am. I would have hated it had I seen it during hours I actually care about).

So what to do? Do I look past Gigi's wanting to see it, confident that she wouldn't like it and therefore saving her two hours of her life? Or do I wait to watch it with her on a night we just want to get it over with, just to be a man of my word.

Answer: blog about it, knowing she'll read about it later and tell you to go ahead and watch it alone, in exchange for a RomCom later starring Amy Adams, Ryan Gosling, and/or Louis Gossett Jr.

No comments: